Labour Against the Witch-hunt
Join this important pressure group
Our founding principles
1. We demand the Labour Party ends the practice of automatic, instant, expulsion or suspension of Labour Party members;
- that all those summarily expelled or suspended from membership without due process be immediately reinstated;
- that a member accused of a breach of rule be informed of who their accuser is;
- that a member accused of a breach of rule be given all the evidence submitted against them by their accuser;
- that a member accused of a breach of rule be regarded as innocent until proven guilty;
- that membership rights must not be removed until disciplinary investigations and procedures have been completed;
- that disciplinary procedures must include consultation with the accused member’s CLP and Branch;
- that disciplinary procedures must be time limited. Charges not resolved within three months must be automatically dropped.
2. We demand that the Labour Party rejects the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) definition of anti-Semitism, which in its list of examples conflates anti-Semitism with anti-Zionism and support for the rights of the Palestinian people. Instead, the Labour Party should adopt a simple, straightforward, definition of anti-Semitism, such as by Professor Brian Klug: “Anti-Semitism is a form of hostility to Jews as Jews, where Jews are perceived as something other than what they are”.
3. We demand the immediate abolition of the Labour Party’s “Compliance Unit”. Disciplinary decisions should be taken only by elected bodies, not by paid officials.
Labour Against the Witchhunt
BCM Box 8932, London WC1N 3XX
Tel: 07817 379 568